Brick Road Poetry Book Contest
The first place winner receives a publication contract with Brick Road Poetry Press and $1000 prize, publication in both print and ebook formats, and 25 copies of the printed book. We may also offer publication contracts to the top finalists.
Adhere to all the "general submission" manuscript guidelines. (provided below) See our preferences.
Entry fee $25, payable through the online submission manager. If sending hard copy, please include a check or money order to "Brick Road Poetry Press, Inc."
Deadline: November 1, submission accepted starting August 1.
Winner will be notified by the end of February.
Submit via the Brick Road Poetry Press Submission Manager
- Starting in 2018 we are moving toward blind reading of submissions. While there is always a chance we might recognize the work of a poet, we would like as much is humanly possible to judge the contest without knowing who wrote the manuscript. To that end we request all submission documents omit the author's name from the cover page, the headings, and the content of the poetry. If you include a cover letter, omit your name there as well please.
- Book-length poetry manuscripts only.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted, provided we are immediately informed if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
- Original collection of 50 to 100 pages of poetry, excluding cover page, contents, acknowledgments, etc.
- Single sided, single spaced. We prefer no more than one poem per page. Numbered pages. Leave off the poet's name.
- No translations, unless the translations are of your own poems.
- Electronic files are accepted via the online submission manager(below). Use the title of your collection for the file name. Weaccept.doc, .rtf, or .pdf file format.
- We prefer electronic submissions but will reluctantly consider hard copy submissions by mail if USPS "Flat Rate Mailing Envelope" is used and with the stipulation that, should the author's work be chosen for publication, an electronic version (.doc or .rtf) must be prepared in a timely manner and at the poet's expense. Obviously in the case of a hard copy submission, contact info must be provided, but omit the author's name from the manuscript itself.
- If hard copy, mail in USPS "Flat Rate Mailing Envelope" and bound by a single clip: no folders or notebooks, please
Brick Road Poetry Press
Columbus GA 31901-3117