Please read about our preferences!
We anticipate selecting only one or two manuscripts for publication.
· General submissions are accepted December 1st – January 15th annually. Our responses will be completed by the end of April.
· Starting in 2018 we are moving toward blind reading of submissions. While there is always a chance we might recognize the work of a poet, we would like as much is humanly possible to read submissions without knowing who wrote the manuscript. To that end we request all submission documents omit the author's name from the cover page, the headings, and the content of the poetry. Please omit your name from any cover letter as well.
·Book-length poetry manuscripts only.
· No reading fee for general submissions.
· Simultaneous submissions accepted, provided we are immediately informed if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
· Original collection of 75 to 100 pages of poetry, excluding cover page, contents, acknowledgments, etc.
· Single sided, single spaced. We prefer no more than one poem per page. Numbered pages. Leave off the poet's name from the interior pages of the manuscript.
· Title page: please omit author's name.
· No translations, unless the translations are of your own poems.
· Electronic files are accepted via the online submission manager. Use the title of your collection for the file name. We accept .doc, .rtf, or .pdf file format.
· We prefer electronic submissions but will consider hard copy submissions by mail with the stipulation that, should the author's work be chosen for publication, an electronic version (.doc or .rtf) must be prepared in a timely manner and at the poet's expense. Obviously if submitting a hard copy manuscript, you must include contact information, but please omit the author's name from the manuscript itself. Mail in USPS "Flat Rate Mailing Envelope" and bound by a single clip: no folders or notebooks, please. Our mailing address is
Brick Road Poetry Press
513 Broadway, Columbus, GA, 31901